Group Head of Formulation
My Client an expanding Pharmaceutical company has opened a new vacancy within their scientific team. They are actively looking to recruit a Group Head of Formulation to their team on a permanent basis, for their offices in the East Midlands.
To manage a team of scientists working on the development of pharmaceutical formulations, with a particular focus on intranasal and liquid/semi-solid dosage forms. To plan, co-ordinate and implement projects which support the business objectives.
• To plan, co-ordinate and manage all work within the Formulation Group in order to conduct projects to agreed timelines and budgets.
• To manage and develop staff within the Formulation Group to ensure that results are delivered safely in the most efficient and effective manner.
• To provide relevant expert advice, effective support to colleagues and develop working relationships in order to achieve project/scientific objectives.
• To manage internal and external working relationships in order to achieve project/scientific objectives with maximum effectiveness.
• To generate and communicate innovative ideas both internally and externally in order to deliver solutions founded on scientific principles.
• To develop and expand specialist knowledge and skills which advance the learning of the organization and impact positively on business development and results.
• To establish, maintain and review for accuracy and completeness, records of all work undertaken within the group. Similarly for other documents, to a standard acceptable for use in regulatory submissions.
• To work in a safe and responsible manner at all times, in accordance with regulatory requirements including GxP and within company policies and procedures.
• To discharge legal corporate responsibilities as appropriate to the post.
• To ensure that records of all work carried out are maintained in a detailed and accurate manner, and to maintain laboratories in a clean and tidy manner.
• To comply with Health & Safety policies in order to safeguard the health and safety of self and others.
• Ideally PhD Qualified or a Qualified.
• Extensive Industry experience with Formulation and Team Leadership.
• Staff management experience within a pharmaceutical environment.
• A flexible and hands on approach with excellent oral/written communication skills
• Experience of writing CMC regulatory documentation.
• Experience of presenting research at national and international conference
For more information regarding this vacancy or a confidential job discussion, please get in touch with Neal Panting. Neal@arc-7.com or +441483 397070