Associate Director of Project Management
My client is an international CRO based in Berkshire, they have an excellent new opportunity for an experienced Project Director to join them as Associate Director of Project Manager.
- Manage allocated Project Managers (including Senior PMs and Project Directors) and liaise with relevant Country Heads and Local Line Managers.
- Participate in the selection process for Project Managers e.g. formal interviews, inductions etc.
- Act as Project Managers in the absence of the relevant Project Manager.
- Lead and develop Project Management teams, to ensure optimal focus on goals and achievement of objectives.
- Provide expertise, guidance, advice, support and motivate project teams in the management of the assigned clinical trials.
- Ensure that SOPs and ICH - GCP Guidelines / FDA Regulations are rigidly implemented in clinical trials managed and assist QA department with developing new SOPs and reviewing current SOPs.
- Monitor and appraise the performance and compliance of clinical staff and /or sub-contractors in conducting their agreed objectives and/or their contractual obligations.
- Liase regularly with the Executive Vice President (Clinical Development) on all clinical issues, both personnel and project.
- Maintain an overview of projects managed by allocated PMs to identify potential high risk areas and resolve project related issues on an ongoing basis
- Work with EVP to ensure appropriate resourcing of Project Management staff.
- In consultation with line manager, organise task teams, to review current procedures and practices employed, and propose alternative or modified methods / techniques that are potentially more efficient, cost effective and/or improve the quality of clinical trials
- Attend and present at selected meetings or courses, which may impact on business and development, have project specific importance or major implications.
- Support Business Development and provide in-house scientific /clinical expertise and co-attendance with marketing executives at promotional events / exhibitions
- Review proposals, attend bid defence meetings and prepare Project Managers for bid defence meetings
- Monitor resource allocation of Project Managers and recommend for new studies.
- Liaise with Business Development to ensure smooth handover of clinical studies to Project Managers.
- Plan and Implement Quality Checks for assigned projects.
- Life Sciences and/or Nursing background
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
To discuss this position in more detail contact Emma Hobbs +44 1483 397070 firstname.lastname@example.org